Thursday, September 10, 2009

Forclosure buying seminar at Coldwell Bankers in San Gabriel, CA

I went to one of those seminar where they teach you how to buy foreclosure homes. The main points of this events were:

1. Foreclosure houses are not always the best deals.
2. Foreclosures in California are done as private sale and not judicial.
3. Short Sales are by owner and lender approved. *price is below mortgage, borrower carries a debt afterwards.
4. Somehow this guy try to tell me that Exclusive Buyer Agent is the best friend a home buyer can get. *my arse. If I wanted some asshole to lookup MLS and then tell me what I can have.. then I have to do my own work in getting the loan.. I might as well do that myself and save the agent payment.
This seminar guy claims that Agents work for the seller; thus, they will always not give you the better deal. And then I thought, motherfucker, who do you work for.. yes a real-estate broker. So essentially you are a seller telling us to not trust yourself? what bullshit.
I wasted one hour of my life listening to an asshole talking about shit that applies to midnight infomercials. I should of gone with my instincts and stayed home and read my financial profiles. But curiosity got the better of me.
I walked the fuck out before it was too boring. There is nothing you cannot learn from 10 min of googling about foreclosure process.

Here is my summary of buying a house.
1st.. in this economy, you better have lots of Down Payment. The years of 0 down is gone.
2nd.. If you dont have a steady job, dont buy a house.
3rd.. just because you have a job, dont expect to keep it forever.
4th.. If you dont understand how interest rate at 6-8% impact your financial wallet. Dont buy a house.
5th.. Everyone out there is willing to profit from your ignorance. Banks charges about 6-8% Apr for 20-25 years for about 200k loan. Thats about 12-15k a year of interest. 1-1.5k a month in interest. Before paying off your principal, you already are 2k in the hole just for housing. So, to put it plainly.. you should be taking home 6k a month to afford a 200k 6-8% house loan.
If you dont got that cash.. dont think about buying a house.

If you do have the cash, the only thing you need to worry about is FMV = fair market value. Just dont overpay for the house and it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment