Thursday, September 10, 2009

Friends and flying solo.

My wife and I talked about our friends yesterday. I thought about it and here my conclusion.

Friends are a social bonding event. Those that benefit each other naturally will be attracted to each other and thus hang out more often. The reason that someone you think is a friend don't call you out and hang is because you and they have nothing in common. Arbitrarily your presence is the byproduct of accommodating to another bipartisan friend.

Let me put my thoughts in plain bitch talk. Your friends only like you because you are the friend of another. You are not his friend, you are the friend of another. Hence, don't get shit twisted. You were never really his friend, you just a tag along without your own crew.

So, I suggest for those of us that are not invited to the parties and social gathering. Make your own, and not invite them. Invite those that you feel comfortable with. Be the host and not the guest. If you do it long enough, friends will envelop you.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have this kind of twisted in a way. There are many variables to this.

    A) The Leader - Calls out people who are less than they are, therefore making themselves feel better about who they really are. Notice the ones that brag about how great they are or what they have to others. They need that to boost their ego. At times you would think they are humble, but they truly pity you.

    B) The Follower - Lacks decision making and it's monkey see monkey do.

    C) Ignorant - Just too ignorant to know who their real friends are.

    D) Neutral - Hangs out whenever they want with whomever.

    E) Needy -

    F) Users -

    etc, etc, etc, you see where I'm going with this. We all in a way take a little bit of the above. It truly is based upon a person's dignity.

    Damn it! I'm supposed to be asleep an hour ago.

    ReplyDelete